hello my loves!
Welcome to the July 2019 edition of my reflection’s blog posts. This month we are going to explore negative energy and hurt feelings (sounds like soooo much fun right?!).
This blog post has come about because of certain events this month that have left me feeling a type of way. I’m not usually one to attract negativity, drama or malicious behaviour and never have been, even when I was a teenager! However, as my platform has grown I have been on the receiving end of nasty comments and misjudgments. Unfortunately, as long as human beings continue to be human beings, we cannot go through life without experiencing pain and discomfort. So, we should be prepared to navigate those feelings when they arrive.
Find yourself a quiet space, open your journal and begin to consider the following…
- When was the last time I was hurt by something that somebody said or did to me?
- How did I respond to this? (Just write down what you did/how you felt, do not analyse anything)
- How can I make concrete actions to move on from this incident? For example, confiding in a trusted friend, writing a letter to concerned parties, speaking to a manager (these are just examples… only you know what works for you)
- How have I/can I grow from this? What have I learnt?
- Do I need to establish boundaries with the person/people concerned?
- How can I be kinder and more intentional with my words or actions going forward?
- How can I use words to positively affirm somebody this week?
- Who do I need to check in with today?
If you don’t know the answer to any of these questions… it is OK. Steering through these feelings is a process, it can take time. Remember that you can always come back to these questions further down the line.
All my love, han X
p.s. you’re doing amazing sweetie